Pages

Pages

Monday, 3 August 2026

The Imperial Japanese Navy in 1/1200th-scale ... yet another addition

As a result of winning a recent eBay auction, I now own a model of the INS Ise that I can add to my collection of 1/1200th-scale Imperial Japanese Navy ships.

(42,001 tons; 25 knots; 12 x 14-inch guns, 16 x 5.5-inch guns; 8 x 5-inch AA guns; 20 x 25mm AA guns; a catapult; 3 floatplanes)

I now own an example of each of the Japanese battleships that were in service in 1941.

6 comments:

  1. Bob -
    That is one collection that, were I the jealous type, I would envy you. The 'Ise' is a particular favourite of mine, just because of that dramatic command tower arrangement.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      It’s not a bad little collection and it’s not cost me a fortune to put together. The models need tidying up and repainting, but once that’s done, they will look great in action!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. I'll be keeping an eye out for that!
      Ion

      Delete
    3. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      I might give it a go later this summer … once the weather returns to normal.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. BOB,
    Will you be doing an American Fleet to go up against the Japanese- I'd imagine that the American ship models are readily available. All the best. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      I’ve already got plans to acquire some USN models but not for the immediate future.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.