I mentioned in a recent blog post that I had visited Minatur Wunderland in Hamburg, and I have just uploaded a new YouTube video about what I saw to the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.
It lasts approximately twelve minutes.
The video can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel.

Great video from a Wunderful place on earth. It's strange that even looking at the same layout (s) we notices different details. Therefore I think you video was even more interesting because you've captured things I've been overlooking.
ReplyDeleteI remember the very first construction stages of MiWuLa when it was 'only' Knuffingen (a fictional German place). Back then thy used mostly regular kits from different manufacturers, slightly modified or heavily kitbashed by combining several kits. I found that interesting. These days it looks like they're scratchbuilding every building to suit the theme.
Thanks for sharing Bob
Roger,
DeleteThanks very much for your kind comments.i would have taken even more photographs if it hadn’t been quite so crowded. Perhaps next time …
I guessed that some of the buildings began life as commercial kits that had been built ‘as is’ or modified/kit-bashed. It’s something that I’ve done in the past!
I bought a copy of their photo-heavy, coffee-table book about the various layouts … and I’ve dipped into several times since I got back. It was well worth the price!
All the best,
Bob