Pages

Sunday 17 May 2009

Operational-level Wargame Design 9: Re-reading and correcting the first draft

One thing that I have learned from writing many different sets of wargames rules over the years is that it is a good idea – when the first draft is finished – to put them to one side for a few days and then to re-read them. Because of the time gap, you read what you have written, not what you thought that you have written.

This is the stage I am now at with my operational-level wargames rules; I have not looked at them since I finished the first draft on Saturday 9th May and I am about to print them off and re-read them. I will then correct any mistakes I find, put them to one side again until later in the week – probably Thursday – and then begin play-testing the various mechanisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.