Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Soldiers of the Queen (SOTQ): Issue 159

Saturday's post included the latest copy of SOTQ (Soldiers of the Queen, the quarterly journal of the Victorian Military Society).


The articles included in this issue are:
  • Baker's Spartan Stand: Buying Time at Tashkessen 1878 by Frank Jastrzembski
  • On duty with the Diehards by Tim Rose
  • An advert for the VMS's One Day Seminar – The Cavalry to be held on Saturday 25th October 2015 at The Civil Service Club, London
  • Lions of the Day: The South Australian Colonial Contingent at Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee 1879 by Andrew Kilsby
  • Book Reviews
  • About the VMS
The article about Baker's Spartan Stand looks to be of particular interest to me, but this magazine always contains lots to interest anyone who – like me – has a fascination for mid-nineteenth century to early twentieth century military history.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the Baker's Spartan Stand article! I am currently finishing up on a book related to the battle for Pen and Sword Books. My website includes all of my current and forthcoming publications: www.frankjastrzembski.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francis Jastrzembski,

      I thoroughly enjoyed the article, and will be paying a visit to your website at some point over the weekend. I will also keep a weather eye open for your book's publication date.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Francis Jastrzembski,

      It was my pleasure ... and I enjoyed my visit to your website.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.