Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

A few Dutch-Belgians more ... and some Brunswickers as well!

I have now finished varnishing and basing the unit of Dutch-Belgian Carabiniers that I had forgotten that I had ...



... along with an additional unit of Brunswick Infantry ...



... and a mounted Brunswick officer.



The latter is a carefully repainted Prussian mounted officer (Blucher, I think) that was surplus to requirements.

The next batch of figures that I hope to tackle is some Hanoverian Infantry (enough for an additional unit) and two Hanoverian officers on foot.

4 comments:

  1. The DB carabiiniers are especially handsome in their Old School glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan Freitag,

      They are nicely sculpted figures, and look as if they will be quite effective in a fight.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Spectacular Miniatures BOB...is Del-Prado 1/72nd or 25mm? The Carabiniers look super- some of the best cavalry figures I've ever seen. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,

      The Del Prado figures are all different sizes, and some are taller and chunkier than others, which is why I describe them as being 25/28mm figures. Once based, the differences seem to be less obvious.

      I like the Carabiniers for a variety of reasons, one being that they are at rest, waiting to go into action ... unlike some of my other cavalry, which are sculpted as if they are just about to complete a charge!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.