Pages

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Book news

I have finally managed to look at my books sales to date ... and they remain very encouraging.


As hoped, the sale of THE PORTABLE WARGAME and DEVELOPING THE PORTABLE WARGAME books continue to rise, and as the rules gain more exposure thanks to articles in the wargame press and elsewhere, I expect to see them to continue to increase slowly.

I am still working on my re-write of LA ULTIMA CRUZADA, but a couple of other things (like attending Connections UK 2017) has meant that I made little progress last week. Over the weekend I did manage to finish the appendices that give brief biographies of the leading Republican and Nationalist military commanders, and I hope to complete the section about uniforms this week. I still aim to have the book published by the end of the year, assuming that other projects (and life in general) don't impede me too much.

14 comments:

  1. I'm very surprised by how well the ePubs do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobby,

      I put it down to setting the price at an affordable level. I price all my books below that recommended by Lulu.com so that potential purchasers will find them attractive to buy. It means I make much less profit per sale, but sales are probably higher as a result.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Conrad Kinch,

      Thanks! I have several other books in the pipeline, and these will hopefully be published in due course.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. I agree. They deserve a wide readership and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo,

      Thanks very much for your kind comment. I'm never going to make a fortune - or even a living - writing books, but I enjoy the process. As to a wider readership ... well I understand that there is at least one magazine article about adapting PW for Fantasy gaming and the ECW in the pipeline, and that will help to spread the word.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Impressive numbers on the Portable Wargame. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan Freitag,

      The two Portable Wargame books have sold better than I ever hoped that they would, and it is encouraging that they continue to sell.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Well, it is a good little book with interesting historical background on the provenance of gridded wargames and the gridded table, itself.

      Delete
    3. Jonathan Freitag,

      Thanks! I included that section to show that the ideas behind gridded wargames went back to the origins of the modern game.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Well done. They were successfully introduced to 2 more gamers here today. Blog post in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      This sounds very interesting, and I look forward to reading that blog entry in due course.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Prufrock (Aaron),

      Cheers! Let's hope any future books sell as well!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.