Pages

Sunday, 3 November 2019

Modelling barbed wire entanglements: The prototype

I cut the length of the fence so that it was 10cm/4-inches long and would fit into my Hexon II terrain hexes. I did it so that three of the uprights remained on the base. I then placed a pre-cut length of my Games Workshop barbed wire over the posts, and once I was happy with the position of the barbed wire, I carefully glued it in place using Superglue. I was rather pleased with the result ...


... and now intend to use the remaining Javis fence bases I bought to make some more barbed wire entanglements.

At present I plan to leave the finished barbed wire entanglements as they are, but I might paint the wire in a dark colour in the future to reduce its shininess.

I have subsequently discovered that Javis make similar bases with uprights for barbed wire as well as coiled lengths of OO-scale barbed wire. I may give both a try at some time in the future. In the meantime, I am happy to use what I have to hand.

No comments:

Post a comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages will be deleted.