Pages

Friday 30 August 2024

My map of Zubia: The current state of play

After the very positive feedback that I got, I have decided to persevere with the map of Zubia that I had begun to create using MS Paint.

I have made a few changes. These include:

  • Making the map slightly larger so that it is now equivalent to the size of twenty-four (six wide by four high) mini-campaign boards.
  • Changing some of the colours that I have used to make the map clearer.
  • Adding some more hills and mountains.
  • Adding the course of the Zubian Canal to the extreme right-hand side of the map.

The resulting map now looks like this:

There is still some detail (such as the locations of buildings) that is probably too detailed and too restrictive for a campaign map and I may well replace these with a simple light grey hex or hexes to indicate a settlement. I also need to add the place names, and I hope to do that next.

10 comments:

  1. Great work Bob - I want to be moving some "virtual" units about on that map already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      Cheers! I hope to finish the map over the weekend.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. This is turning out very nicely. Interesting to see a map develop from the scenarios in your book. Looking forward to the continued growth of this project.

      Delete
    3. WEK 3,

      I’ve enjoyed producing this map and look forward to using it in the near future. I’ve even had ideas about the next one I intend to draw …

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Looks like a very interesting campaign environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark Cordone,

      I’m very pleased with the map as it is at present, but I’m hoping to make a few improvements before it is completed.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. BOB,
    Your very skilled at map Making- very nice - turned out great. No doubt a template for other maps to be made. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      The finished map will be uploaded later this morning. I am very pleased with how it turned out although there were a few stumbles along the way.

      I hope to use the same techniques to produce my next map, which will probably be of Harabia.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. Good progress, and a very clear and readable resource, Bob. Your IT skills are admirable, and put to good use 🙂👍🏼👍🏼🎲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin S.,

      Cheers! I will be uploading the complete map later this morning.

      I had a few problems which proved challenging at times, but my skills were certainly improved as a result.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.