Recently, I was able to retrieve the 15mm figures and model ships that I used for my Dammallian, Mankanikan, and Marzibarian wargames.
British Dammalia
The senior commanders of the British forces in Dammallia.
The Royal Essex (front) and Queen's Own Rifles (back) infantry battalions.
The 1st and 2nd Battalions, Dammallian African Rifles.
The British Dammallian Police Battalion (front) and the Dammallian Native Police Battalion (back). In time of war, these two police units would be placed under military command.
The locally-recruited Port Albert Infantry Battalion (front) and Port Albert Artillery (back).
Officer and men of the Royal Navy.
HMS Insolent, a flatiron gunboat.
German Mankanika
The senior commanders of the German forces in Mankanika..
The 1st (German) Schutztruppen (front), 2nd (African) Schutztruppen (middle), and 3rd (African) Schutztruppen (back) Battalions.
German Schutztruppen Artillery (left) and 1st and 2nd Mankanikan Native Police Battalions (right). In time of war, these two police units would be incorporated into the Schutztruppen.
Officer and men of the Imperial German Navy.
SMS Meteor, a small cruiser/colonial gunboat.
The Sultanate of Marzibar
The senior commanders of the Marzibarian armed forces (front) and 1st and 2nd Battalions, Sultan of Marizibar's Guard (middle and back).
Marzibarian Artillery (left), 1st and 2nd Battalions, Marzibarian Zouaves (right front and middle) and officers and men of the Marzibarian Navy (back).
Sultan Abdulla, a small gunboat/ram.
Arab forces
Arab artillery (left) and four bands of Arab riflemen..
Miscellaneous
Two coastal passenger steamers.
Three sailing dhows.
Great stuff, Bob. Have you posted about scratch building the ships?
ReplyDeleteGary S,
DeleteThey were all made using FIMO. I bought packets of the stuff from a local art shop, rolled it into sheets using an old pasta maker, and cut out the parts using a ruler and a knife. When baked in an oven, the FIMO hardens and naturally sticks together. Each ship took several ‘bakes’ as I added extra detail … and gun barrels and funnels were given a thin piece of wire (from a paper clip) inside to prevent drooping during baking.
All the best,
Bob
I love the dhows, they'd make great gunboats in a Battle of Valcour Island. I'll have to take a try at making some.
DeleteI'm currently working on getting Gemini to help me make some minis for an 1813 Battle of Chateauguay game. My wife has found she had a distant relative who served in the 1st Royal Artillery and in her research I found the inspiration for my game. There are two major points of interest; the first being that Canadians held off an invading force of Americans roughly 3 times their size and the other being the American militia that refused to cross the border. What would happen if they didn't refuse?
I'll use Thomas's One Hour Wargames rules and let you know how it turns out.
Very nice looking forces Bob and excellent ships
ReplyDeleteMaudlin Jack Tar,
DeleteCheers! I hope that they’ll all get some use soon.
All the best,
Bob
Fine looking sets of figures. Looking forward to seeing them in action. Enjoy your time on the gaming table.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking armies, and I love the gun boats. Perhaps they will see a little action soon, maybe in a quick 3x3 or Dominion battle or mini campaign?
ReplyDelete