Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Even more thoughts about COW

Despite coming down with yet another cold – I seem to have spent the last few months getting a cold, having a cold, or getting over having a cold – I have done some more thinking about the session I hope to run at COW2010 (Wargame Developments annual Conference of Wargamers 2010) in early July, and have firmed up my ideas.

Over the past few days I have managed to do a bit more research about Joseph Morschauser, and have decided to include some biographical details before describing his rules. My description will begin with the rules he published in his book before moving on to outline his grid-based 'Ancient' and 'Frontier' rules. I will cover the main elements of his various rules, concentrating in particular on the game mechanisms he chose to use.

The session will end with attendees having the opportunity to fight some battles using Morschauser's 'Frontier' rules and the current version of my Morschauser-inspired Interbellum rules.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the cold. It's certainly nothing to sneeze at. (Hey, we're a fun bunch on this side of the Pond.)

    If you think anyone would be interested, feel free to make available the Napoleonic variant I did of Joe's Frontier Rules. I've also been working on an ACW variant.

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris J,

    Thanks for the kind offer, which I will certainly take up. I like the sound of the ACW version in particular.

    I suspect that the 'Frontier'-style rules will actually appeal more than my own developments of Joseph Morschauser's 'Modern' rules.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.