Pages

Monday 10 May 2010

Thinking about COW

The Wargame Developments annual Conference of Wargamers (COW) will be taking place in early July and I have volunteered to run a session. I had originally decided to cover the development of WHEN EMPIRES CLASH!, and then to follow that with a couple of short games that would give the attendees a flavour of the rules. The problem is that I have actually done no development of the rules since before Christmas.

I could take the easy way out and to do what I originally planned ... but my thinking has moved on since then as a result of the work I have been doing to develop my own versions of Joseph Morschauser's rules.

I have therefore asked myself the question 'What should I do?'

At the moment I think that I will:
  • Start with a short presentation about Joseph Morschauser and his rules (including some references to the earlier work done by his mentor, Gerard de Gre).
  • Have a series of small games set up that use some of Morschauser's rules so that attendees can try them out or
  • Have several small games set up that would enable attendees to try out my variants/developments of Morschauser's rules.
I am not quite sure which of the latter options I will choose, although I could do both. The decision that I make will depend upon how much time, effort, and money I will need to expend to prepare for the session.

Watch this space for further developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.