Pages

Saturday 2 January 2016

A brief look back at 2015 ... and an even briefer look forward to 2016

Looking back over last year's blog entries, it was interesting to see what I wrote about month-by-month. Here are some of the more important topics that I wrote about:

January
  • I have been to … Belgium, Denmark, and Norway
  • Finishing work on my locomotives and rolling stock
  • The ConSims session I attended at King's College, London
  • Simple Ironclad rules and ships
February
  • Operation Barbarossa Mini-Campaign
  • Beginning work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures
March
  • Continuing work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures
  • Trouble in Zubia: Colonial Mini-Campaign
April
  • Continuing work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures
  • More trouble in Zubia: Colonial Mini-Campaign
May
  • I have been to … Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Gibraltar
  • Continuing work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures
June
  • Freemasonry and the British Army
  • The bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo
  • The fifth anniversary of the death of Paddy Griffith
  • Continuing work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures
July
  • The bump in the road outside my house
  • COW2015
  • I have been to ... Norway
August
  • Finishing work on varnishing and basing my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures ... for the moment
  • One Hour Wargames
  • Manifesto
September
  • Connections UK 2015
  • The Historic Dockyard, Chatham
October
  • I have been to ... the USA and Canada
November
  • The death of Larry Brom
  • Getting a new computer
  • Starting work on my modular fortress
December
  • Completing the construction of my modular fortress
  • Achieving one million 'hits' on my blog
  • Re-fighting 'The Attack on Morobad'
Looking forward is much more difficult, but some of the things that I have planned are:
  • A cruise to the Canary islands and back
  • A cruise to Iceland via Ireland and the Scottish islands
  • COW2016 ... of course!
  • Expanding my collection of Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures (I already have some Russians to varnish and base ... and would like to add some more)
  • Preparing (i.e. doing a lot of painting and modelling) for my long-planned re-fight of Operation Barbarossa
On the military history front, there are a lot of significant anniversaries in 2016:
  • 25th anniversary of the start of Operation Desert Storm
  • 75th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour
  • 80th anniversary of the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War
  • 100th anniversary of the Battle of Verdun
  • 100th anniversary of the Battle of Jutland
  • 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme
  • 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings

8 comments:

  1. Impressive years hobby Bob- hopefully you can get even more in 2016.

    Have a great year.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bob,

    The 25mm Del Prado figures you mention, are these from the 'Relive Waterloo' series?

    Regards Stuart Asquith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete.,

    Thanks for your kind comment. Hopefully next year will be just as good.

    I hope that you also have a great New Year.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stuart Asquith,

    Great to hear from you!

    You are absolutely right; the figures are almost all from the 'Relive Waterloo' series, with a few 'Relive Austerlitz' ones added for good measure.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bob,

    I have a fair few 'Relive Waterloo' figures I wish to sell on, would you be at all interested?
    (No reasonable offer refused!)

    Regards,

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuart Asquith,

    Thank you. That is a very, very interesting offer ... and I will be in contact about it soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.