Pages

Saturday 16 July 2016

Sorting out my Napoleonic collection

Before I acquired Stuart Asquith's collection of pre-painted Del Prado 25/28mm Napoleonic figures and a batch of figures that Tim Gow managed to buy for me at TRIPLES, I had almost completed the task of varnishing and basing my existing collection. (The unfinished part of my collection included figures I bought via eBay that had been sold as part of Del Prado's RELIVE AUSTERLITZ series of part-works.)

My existing collection is organised into units of six Infantry figures or four Rifle-armed Infantry figures or four Cavalry figures or two Gunner figures plus a cannon or single Mounted officers/Officers on foot.

Dutch-Belgian Army

  • 2 x Cavalry units
  • 3 x Infantry units
  • 1 x Mounted officer
  • 2 x Officers on foot
Brunswick Army

  • 3 x Infantry units
Hanoverian Army

  • 4 x Infantry units
  • 3 x Officers on foot
Prussian Army


  • 3 x Cavalry units
  • 13 x Infantry units
  • 5 x Artillery units
  • 4 x Mounted officers
  • 3 x Officers on foot
British Army



  • 4 x Cavalry units
  • 10 x Infantry units
  • 2 x Rifle-armed Infantry units
  • 5 x Artillery units
  • 5 x Mounted officers
  • 4 x Officers on foot
French Army



  • 10 x Cavalry units
  • 21 x Infantry units
  • 12 x Artillery units
  • 6 x Mounted officers
  • 15 x Officers on foot
Over the past few days I have been organising my new acquisitions into units and as a result I should be able to add the following to those shown above once I have varnished and based them.

Dutch-Belgian Army
  • 1 x Cavalry unit
  • 2 x Infantry units
  • 1 x Mounted officer
  • 2 x Officers on foot
Brunswick Army
  • 1 x Infantry unit
Hanoverian Army
  • 1 x Infantry unit
  • 2 x Officers on foot
Prussian Army
  • 4 x Infantry units
  • 1 x Artillery unit
  • 5 x Mounted officers
  • 2 x Officers on foot
British Army
  • 3 x Cavalry units
  • 14 x Infantry units
  • 2 x Rifle-armed Infantry units
  • 8 x Artillery units
  • 3 x Mounted officers
  • 9 x Officers on foot
French Army
  • 6 x Cavalry units
  • 29 x Infantry units
  • 12 x Artillery units
  • 6 x Mounted officers
  • 13 x Officers on foot
Russian Army
  • 4 x Cavalry units
  • 8 x Infantry units
  • 3 x Artillery units
  • 2 x Mounted officer
  • 1 x Officers on foot
Austrian Army
  • 1 x Infantry unit
Italian Army
  • 1 x Infantry unit
This is actually going to be result in a major expansion of my collection of Napoleonic figures (by over 100%!). There are a few gaps that I may try to fill in time, but even so I will have a collection that will stand me in good stead for some time to come.

Once the task of varnishing and basing the entire collection is completed, I really will have to turn my mind to fighting a campaign (or several) with them.

6 comments:

  1. Certainly a Grand Collection you have there Bob. Yes indeed there could be oodles of Campaign Games ahead for you - good sailing with the re-basing and lacquering. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,

      The varnishing and basing is going to take some time as I do not intend to rush it. I plan to do it in batches, as this will ensure that I don't lose interest and can undertake other projects in parallel.

      Once the whole collection has been organised, varnished, and based, the serious campaigning can begin!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. A fine array - but will they fight young Cordery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conrad Kinch,

      Some of them will ... I hope!

      All of the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Blimey, that is a wonderful collection of figures. Probably criminal not to play with them all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Platt,

      Its not a bad collection of figures, even if it is a bit unbalanced. I have used some of them in the recent past, and hope to do so again soon.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.