Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Vive l'Empereur! The final batch of French Artillery figures are added to the collection

The final batch of French Artillery figures (half a dozen French Horse Artillery) have been renovated, varnished, and based, and have taken their place in my collection.



I now want to move on to the French Officers on foot that still remain to be renovated, varnished, and based, after which all that will remain of the French figures to be worked on are the Officers on horse and the Cavalry.

6 comments:

  1. "just" the cavalry.... I suspect there'll be a bit of work there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      I have less than twenty figures to add to my existing French Cavalry, so hopefully it will not be too big a chore to renovate, varnish, and base them.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Yes. The cavalry. Reminds me of some here that I must get to grips with. But your artillery are very handsome. What's the make of the figures again, please?

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke (Stokes),

      The figures are almost all 25/28mm figures that were sold pre-painted by Del Prado as part of a magazine part-work entitled RELIVE WATERLOO!. I understand that they sourced the figures from various Russian manufacturers and painters.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Conrad Kinch,

      Once the French are finished, all that will remain are my Russians and some odds-and-ends. My projected end date is next Christmas, assuming - of course - that I don't 'acquire' some more figures in the meantime!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.