Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Connections UK: Day 2

  • Introduction: Relating the conference to the MOD Wargaming Handbook.
    • Design (Matt Caffrey)
    • Dilemmas and Trade-Offs in wargame design (Phil Sabin)
    • Game Design as a form of Journalism (Brian Train)
    • Challenges in Wargaming Design (Anna Nettleship)
  • Development (Graham Longley-Brown)
    • Analysis in experimentation wargaming (Dr Nigel Paling and Col Dickie Taylor)
    • Developing the KCL Crisis Simulation (Nick Reynolds)
    • Developing a High North nested games family (Dave Manley and Jeremy Smith)
    • Model calibration (Volko Ruhnke)
  • Games Fair Introduction (Phil Sabin)
  • Games Fair Session 1
  • Keynote addresses
    • Wargames and systems thinking (Volko Ruhnke) and Creativity in game design and mechanics (Brian Train)
  • Games Fair Session 2
I will be running my OPERATION VIJAY game during Games Fair Session 1 but will be leaving straight after the Keynote addresses.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you got a few interesting moves from the Matrix Game :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      The game went well ... but I suffered an injury to my right hand on the way home, and will miss tomorrow's sessions as I will be trying to get a doctor's appointment to see if it needs treatment.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

  2. Blimey, ow! That's bad news, sorry to hear about it
    I hope it heals and the pain goes away soon

    PS:
    I trust your were not banging your hand on the Matrix Game table on a point of order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      My hand was injured whilst helping to restrain someone who had become violent on the train I was travelling home on. We managed to eject him from the train into the arms of two members of the platform staff, but he ran off before the British Transport Police could be called.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. My apologies

      I was thinking a minor accident not a full blown public disturbance of the peace
      From 'virtual warrior' to "this is not a simulation" local hero

      Well done and I hope the hand is OK!
      You earned a stiff drink!

      Delete
    3. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      It was a not too uncommon incident on London's transport system. An angry person taking out their frustration on an innocent party. For once there were people who were willing to intervene. I was just one of a group who weren't going to sit and watch.

      I'm certainly no hero. The heroes are the Armed and Blue Light Services who face this sort of situation - and far worse - every day for low wages.

      As to my hand ... well the swelling is gradually going down but the joints are stiff, as is my right shoulder and neck. I'll be back to what passes for normal in a few days ... I hope!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.