Pages

Saturday 15 September 2018

Soldiers of the Queen (SOTQ): Issue 171

The latest copy of SOTQ (Soldiers of the Queen, the quarterly journal of the Victorian Military Society) arrived in the post earlier this week, but I have only just managed to read it.


The articles included in this issue are:
  • 'Lumsden of The Guides': Lieutenant-General Sir Harry Burnett Lumsden (1821-1896) by David Howell
  • Twelve Scottish Regiments by Wendell Schollander
  • The Armoury by Dr Andrew Winrow
  • A short-lived cholera epidemic in Scutari during November 1855 by Mike Hinton
  • Sir Redvers Buller in South Africa: A Royal Artillery view by Dr Rodney Atwood
  • Book Reviews by Dr Roger T Stearn and Dan Allen
  • Officers of the Victorian Military Society
It never ceases to amaze me how consistently good the articles in SOTQ are, and how they continue to educate, inform, and enlighten me on topics related to warfare in the nineteenth century that I would never otherwise have read about.

4 comments:

  1. Your link to the Society still does not work for me, which as you know was the case when you posted about issue 170. However, a Google search revealed that it is now at www.victorianmilitary.org

    At least this discovery means that I've now found their website - which I could not when I previously did a Google search at the last time you posted about them - and can finally join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Hall,

      Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. I will change it to the correct one as soon as I can.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Is it by subscription as I have never seen it in the shops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      If you follow the link to the VMS there should be information about how to subscribe.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.