Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2019

My first batch of renovated 20mm-scale German artillery

After temporarily losing a bit of enthusiasm for renovating my collection of 20mm-scale Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War figures, I decided to tackle some of the artillery next. As I've been recently working on some of my German figures, I decided to renovate suitable artillery pieces, starting with the lighter guns that I had to hand.


They have been mounted on 3mm-thick MDF bases to make handling them easier, and the bases are large enough to fit the necessary crew figures on them.

Now that this batch is done, I'm looking at doing some German anti-tank guns next.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    Good to see you back in the WW2 groove! Very clean and old school looking - a very tidy job indeed!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      The break did me good, and I enjoyed renovating these guns.

      They are an interesting collection from different sources, including Peter Laing (the tiny gun was originally a 15mm-scale 155mm WWI howitzer) and Skytrex (two of the 75mm infantry guns). I'm unsure about the others, but think that they may have been made by Irregular.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. I did have trouble identifying what the stuff that wasn't a 75mm German Inf gun was .. the 15mm scale certainly through me!

      Delete
    3. Geordie an Exile FoG,

      The small gun is actually quite similar to a 75mm Skoda Mountain Gun, which is why it was repurposed.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Nice looking set of guns Bob - are the crew to be permanently fixed to the bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      Cheers! The gun crews will not be fixed to the bases so that they can be removed to show casualties.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.