Pages

Monday 13 April 2020

Preparing for my online Portable Wargame battle

Since yesterday, I've made a few improvements to my top-down counters (they are now slightly smaller so that they will fit into a 14 x 14 grid of 4cm squares and they now also have appropriately coloured nameplates), and I've also printed off the grid squares on green card. I now have to assemble all the bits together (e.g. glue together the various bits of card that make up the grid) and send my initial dispositions to my opponent, Gary. Once that is done, everything will be ready for tomorrow night!

Once the battle is over and I written up my battle report, I hope to add the files containing my counters and grid squares to the Portable Wargame group on io so that other wargamers can use them should they so wish.

4 comments:

  1. I missed yesterday's post. Very interesting idea for those short of space during the lockdown! I tried playing the Ancient PW on a virtual battlefield and it worked though was a very simple affair (https://pampersandp.blogspot.com/2017/06/portable-ancients.html).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I created a travelling PW set some time ago, but this is far more sophisticated, and it will be interesting to see how it works.

      The lockdown seems to have sparked off a lot of interest in solo and distance wargaming ... and it will be interesting to see if this is maintained after the end of the pandemic,

      Keep safe and keep well,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your battle! I look forward to seeing how the rules variations work as, having just put together Union and Confederate armies, I am looking for a grid based ACW game that manages to be simple and captures the period flavour.

    Cheers

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon,

      I looking forward to taking part in the battle, and you can be assured that I’ll give feedback on my blog.

      Good luck with your ACW project,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.