Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Other people's Portable Wargame battle reports: Somewhere in the Sudan

Martin Smith has a report of his latest PORTABLE WARGAME battle on the PORTABLE WARGAME Facebook page.

He used an encounter battle between an Egyptian force and some Mahdists in the Sudan to introduce the rules to another new player.




It is worth noting that he used Alan Saunders’ English Civil War dice driven activation and random event system, and that it produced some interesting results.

Please note that the photographs featured above are © Martin Smith.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Martin's portable wargame - a nice little game. I've reconfigured my table so hoping to get some Sudan figures on the table shortly. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delta Coy (Greg),

      I must admit that Martin’s battle report - along with today’s blog post by Archduke Piccolo - has made me think about taking a short diversion back into nineteenth century colonial wargaming ... and I might well do so when I’ve finished my current mini-campaign.

      I look forward to reading your battle report in due course.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Nice looking game Bob - I'm guessing these are 15mm figures that Martin Smith is using (?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I think that most of them are 15mm-scale figures manufactured by Essex Miniatures.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.