Pages

Monday 1 March 2021

Funny Little Wars: An update from Paul Wright

Paul Wright has responded to the emails Tim Gow and I sent him, and has asked me to pass on the following message about the possibility of republishing FUNNY LITTLE WARS et al.

'From PW at FLW

Dearly beloved,

I was delighted to hear from Bob and Tim that there was a desire to see a re-run of FLW. This project has been on hold for a few months due to work and personal commitments; but I will be delighted to get the books back in publication as soon as possible with Bob's expert advice. Tim and I are also looking at a FLW competition when things allow us to escape.

The fellowship that I have enjoyed from the Little Wars world has been wonderful, and it will be excellent to re-engage with you all again soon. The loss of the Yahoo group was a blow, and I am looking at new ways to form our online group again. I am also very grateful to Patrick (Wilson) at TVAG for his continued support.

And although I have been taking a sabbatical of sorts, I have completed the FLW 3 – Inter War (Tankettes) - and it is being play tested. Three small WW1 supplements are also in hand, which cover land/sea/air games.

With very best wishes to you all in these strange days, and please do email me at funnylittlewars@yahoo.co.uk

As ever,

PW'

This is very good news indeed, and I look forward to giving Paul as much assistance as he needs in order to get his books back into print.

14 comments:

  1. Terrific news on all fronts with much to eagerly anticipate for the future. Cheered my morning up no end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tradgardmastare,

      I hope that we can get the books into print ASAP. They are great fun as well as being inspirational.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. It is always wonderful to read Paul's very entertaining work. I bought both books and look forward to any new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quantrilltoy,

      The additional, unpublished books Paul has written sound very interesting, and I really hope that I can them help to get them published.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Very good news. I had a fun afternoon play testing LCW with Paul and Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Douglas,

      I’ve take part in numerous lawn games using FLW and LCW, and they’ve been amongst some of the most enjoyable wargames I’ve ever participated in.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. I hope this project succeeds and look forward to the republication of these books. Alas, our new garden in Wales will be too small to accommodate FLW games...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815,

      You might have a small garden, but if I can create a FLW/PW hybrid, you might be able to ‘fight’ FLW battles on your tabletop.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. That is indeed good news and look forward to more positive updates:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      I’ll make sure that I keep readers abreast of any developments.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. There is a Funny Little Wars board on the Little Wars Revisited Forum that Paul would be more than welcome to take ownership of...

    https://littlewarsrevisited.boards.net/board/12/funny-little-wars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Lewis,

      Thank you for your kind offer. I’ll pass it on to Paul.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  7. Sounds as though I might be looking to further additions to my War Games library ... I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo,

      I think that you’ll enjoy reading it.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.