Pages

Sunday 21 January 2018

Looking back

I wrote my first blog entry on 18th September 2008, and this is the 3,534th entry I have written since then! In that time my blog has been viewed over two and a half million times(!) and the average number of 'visits' per day is just under 408.

Early on I decided to save all my blog entries in the form of a diary, and over recent days I have been looking back at those blog entries with a view to seeing if there are any mini-campaigns, ideas, or projects that I had forgotten about. Surprisingly there were ... and in particular the mini-campaigns stood out as being simple to set up, quick to fight, and enjoyable to stage. Re-reading the battle reports were a real fillip to my rather jaded wargaming palette, and the sooner I can start another min-campaign, the better! (I have a couple of writing projects to finish first, but the joy of mini-campaigns is that they can easily fit in with other projects without causing too much disruption.)

The only problem that I can foresee is deciding where and when to set my next mini-campaign ... but in truth, who knows and who cares ... just as long as I have some fun?

12 comments:

  1. Very impressive stats Bob...I have a long way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alastair,

      I must admit that the number of blog posts and visits was a bit of a shock to me! Good luck with trying to catch up!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Well done Bob! You were only blogging 2 years before me but have made 3 times the posts with 3 times the hits! You've not only been busy, but we readers like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      Cheers! I try to write something every day - which is not always easy - to help keep my brain working. The fact that other people seem to enjoy reading what I write helps me to maintain the motivation to keep doing it.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hi Bob,

    Very impressive numbers and I am sure that will enthuse your 'jaded wargaming palette' somewhat! As a suggestion re the mini campaign as I recall there was something you did about clearing out a nest of pirates? Marzibar featured if I remember correctly.

    Of course there is always Back to Madasahatta....

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      I'm not sure where or when my next mini-campaign will be set, but Madasahatta is certainly on the list.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your next Mini-Campaign - will it be a Colonial setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      It is likely to be in either a Colonial or a World War II setting ... but I have yet to decide which.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Irishhighlander,

      I sometimes wonder if the dreams are part of the enjoyment we get from wargaming.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Geordie an Exile FoG,

      My attitude can be summed up by the following:

      IF IT AINT FUN, IT WON'T GET DONE!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.