Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Gridded Naval Wargames book: Slow but steady progress

I had hoped to finish writing my latest book by now, but real life (and other non-wargaming diversions) have slowed my progress ... but not stopped it. With luck I should be able to fight and record a battle using my PORTABLE WARGAME: PRE-DREADNOUGHT rules over the forthcoming weekend for inclusion in the book. After that I need to do something similar for my MIMI AND TOUTOU GO FORTH rules and to write a chapter about how to develop and extend my rules for other historical periods, and another chapter about how to use my rules for coastal bombardment, coastal defence, and naval support for landings.

My revised timetable is to finish the book by the end of the month ... assuming that there are no more diversions!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

      Cheers! I'm getting the book done as and when I can.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob,
    It certainly is a good thing to set a 'Finishing Date'- it tends to spur you on by volumes to getting things done. I received my 15mm Orcs on Tuesday with the prospect of having our first Fantasy game on the Sunday - managed to finish painting up all of the Army having based and Lacquered everything and adding Flags by 2:00pm Friday...two days way ahead of schedule - very pleased about that. Very much looking forward to your developments towards your Pre-Dreadnought rules and pictures of your battles over the May period. All the Best from Sydney- Australia. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson,

      I always try to work to deadlines ... either externally-set or self-imposed. I have done so all of my working life, and it certainly helps me to get projects finished.

      Good luck with your wargame; I hope that your Orcs perform as well as they can.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. Bob,
      I will be taking command of my Dwarfs - and my good friend Greg Mc will be the dreaded Orc general. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
    3. Kev Robertson,

      Greg Mc in charge of Orcs! The world will tremble!

      Good luck to your Dwarves!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Hi Bob

    Happy New Year. I bought your Gridded Naval Wargames book a few months back and over Christmas I gave the rules a try out, but set in WW2. It was a most enjoyable fast moving game.

    I wrote a report, which can be found here:

    https://bobthepainter.blogspot.com/

    Regards

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob Kett,

      Many thanks for your best wishes for the New Year! May I reciprocate and wish you a Happy New Year for 2019.

      I'm very pleased that you enjoyed using my naval wargamer rules, and look forward to reading your battle report.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.