Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

A visit to Chatham

On Monday Sue and I went to the Dockside Outlet Centre, which is located next to the Historic Dockyard, Chatham, and whilst I was there, I paid a visit to Regal Models. Although not part of the complex of buildings that make up the Centre, Regal Models occupies a nearby building.


The shop – which also serves as the office of a van hire company – stocks a range of diecast vehicle models, model railway rolling stock and accessories, plastic model kits, balsa wood, modelling tools, and paint. It is open every day of the week, but closes at midday on Saturday and Sunday.

On my way back to the Outlet Centre, I walked past the Bell Mast that stands near to the road entrance to the Historic Dockyard.


This was originally fitted to HMS Undaunted, and when the ship was scrapped, the mast was erected at Chatham Dockyard. From 1903 until the Dockyard closed in 1984, the bell was used to signal the end of each day's shift.

2 comments:

  1. Fenris Games, manufacturers of fine scenery, are also based somewhere near the Dockyard. I don't know if they are open for visitors (it's a one-man shop and he's had problems), but if so, it might be worth looking at. https://fenrisgames.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwin King,

      I didn't know that! Perhaps I'll try to pay him a visit when I am next down that way.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.