Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2019

Other people's Portable Wargame battle reports: The War of 1812

My old friend Ross Macfarlane has been trying out the Brigade rules from THE PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME book to re-fight the Battle of Crysler's Farm from the War of 1812. In fact, he re-fought the battle twice, making minor changes to rules as he did.


As a result, he has raised some interesting points regarding the rules, and how to adapt them so that users can re-fight real rather than imaginary battles.


His battle reports can be read on his BATTLE OF THE MONTH blog ... and he has promised to tryout the Corps rules next, so if regular readers have not already bookmarked his blog, I strongly recommend that they do!

Please note that the photographs featured above are © Ross Macfarlane.

2 comments:

  1. Not germane to your post (I'd already read Ross's blog) but you may be interested in Amazon's Kindle deal of the day: Antony Beevor's "The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939" is on sale at 99p until midnight tonight.

    Unfortunately neither maps nor illustrations have been implemented very well for the e-ink version but are certainly "good enough" on my 10" tablet and on my PC monitor. I'll probably read the text on my Kindle and keep the tablet beside me to view the maps.

    Now I'll have to compare it to my Kindle version of Hugh Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike Hall,

      Thanks very much for bringing this deal to my notice, and I've just bought a copy of the Kindle edition for £0.99.

      Like you, I use my tablet to look at illustrations etc., in Kindle books because they are much easier to see on the bigger screen.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.