Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Other people's Portable Wargame battle reports: Action at Permez

When I woke up yesterday morning, the cold which seems to have been slowly developing over the past few days finally decided to go full-blown. I had itchy eyes, a sore throat, and a runny nose ... and felt very sorry for myself.

That soon disappeared when I took a look at Archduke Piccolo's blog and saw a battle report he had written about a brigade-level Napoleonic battle he had fought using my PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME rules. My spirits rose ... and I'm sure that other regular blog readers will enjoy reading the Archduke's battle report as much as I did.

What follows is a small selection of some of his photographs.





Please note that the photographs featured above are © Archduke Piccolo.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob. Nice to see a Battle going on with the Rules you wrote...I'm thinking that the Archduke Piccolo's figures are 25mm with Minifigs and Prince August types? Cheers. KEV...Hope your feeling better- it sounds like a 'Spring' type fever- pollens and such?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ke Robertson (Kev),

      I'm sure that Archduke Piccolo could tell you which figures he has used, although I suspect that you might be right that quite a few of them are Minifigs.

      The weather is overcast and cold, which is why I think that I have a cold rather than hayfever. At the moment I am finding it difficult to concentrate very much, and I keep dozing off with very little warning. The one good thing is the disappearance of my sore throat ... which I put down to liberal doses of fluid and the occasional gargle with a mild anti-septic.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking game from the Archduke.
    Brandy might help - just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      It was a great game, and if my wargame table wasn't covered in other stuff, I would have set up a Napoleonic battle of my own.

      Brandy might help ... but as I have an allergy to alcohol, i have to be careful as it might make it worse!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Thank you for posting this, Bob. The pics of my Division sized action - same battlefield, different grid - have been uploaded to my draft posting; text to be typed. I'll mention the figure-types in that posting.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      I found this battle report very, very enjoyable to read, and it looked great. For once it was a Napoleonic wargame without wall-to-wall units ... and therefore there was room to manoeuvre. I am very much looking forward to reading your next battle report.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.