Pages

Thursday 21 October 2021

Making progress on Army Kepi Rouge: Waiting for good weather

I have been making slow but steady progress with my FUNNY LITTLE WAR/PORTABLE WARGAME ARMY KEPI ROUGE, and have four mounted officers, eleven officers on foot, six gunners, four machine gun crewmen, eight cavalrymen, three field gun, and two machine guns waiting to be painted. Unfortunately, the current round of wet and windy weather means that I am unable to prime the figures as I must do it outside. What I need is a couple of hours of warm, sunny weather … and at present the forecast is not looking very encouraging.

Once I have primed the figures, I expect that it will take me three to four weeks to get them painted and varnished. I will then be able to base them, along with the figures I already have in store. I hope that this project will be completed by Christmas … and then I can look at using them and the other armies in my collection on my tabletop.

2 comments:

  1. "Good weather? If it ain't rainin' we ain't trainin'!"
    -Some Sergeant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Pavone,

      NCOs do have a way of summing life up in quite a blunt way. My favourite is ‘Most education is pointing out the bl**ding obvious to the f**king stupid!’

      It’s not raining at the moment … but it is cold and windy.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.