Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2023

A change is as good as a rest

After my recent blog post, quite a few people commented that I would benefit from a bit of a change ... and Sue and I were lucky enough to be able to take a week-long break aboard P&O's MV Ventura on a cruise that was supposed to take us to northern Spain, Portugal, and the Channel Island of Guernsey.

I'll be writing a blog post about our cruise in the near future but suffice it to say that although we had a great time and I have come back feeling much more positive, things did not quite go according to plan.

Whilst I was away, i received an email from my GP to inform me that my prescription for Levothyroxine has been increased from 50mg to 75mg per day, and that a twelve-week supply is awaiting collection from my designated pharmacy. With luck this increased dose will help to improve my energy levels and my ability to concentrate and will go some way to reviving my enthusiasm for wargaming.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you are feeling more positive Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      Cheers! I’m hoping that my visit to COW next weekend will further boost my motivation even more.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I was away for a little bit after spending a hard 10 days packing up the house for our move. After catching up on your blog I was thinking you sound like you need to take a cruise to relax. You're anything but lazy Bob, enjoy your break. Good health, good weather and happy sails to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Pavone,

      I hope that your house move goes smoothly.

      Our cruise was great … and has really helped to make me feel a lot more positive.

      I’m off to COW next weekend, and that always gives my wargaming mojo a big boost.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the cruise, Bob, it was sure to do you good! Somewhat intrigued to see how it varied from the plan, I look forward to your usual full report..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David in Suffolk,

      There was change to the itinerary due to the weather forecast. I’ll explain what happened in my blog post about our cruise.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. A wise general knows when to persevere and when to fallback, regroup, and adopt a new plan. Enjoy COW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      Very true … and so far, it seems to be working.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  5. Keep going strong Bob and glad you can have breaks often to unwind and appreciate different scenery. Water is calming.
    Best wishes- Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory to Ruritania (Quinn),

      Cheers! Thanks for your kind words and support.

      The cruise did me no end of good. Lots of fresh air, good food, and exercise … and I’ve returned feeling more motivated and able to concentrate.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.