Pages

Saturday 19 October 2024

My 009/H09 model railway locomotives and rolling stock

Some time ag I promised Kev Robertson (one of my regular blog readers) that I would photograph the collection of locomotives and rolling stock that I’ve acquired to run on my 009/H09 model railway. When I did, I discovered that I own a lot more than I realised!

Locomotives (Runners)

Locomotives (Non-runners)

Passenger Carriages

Vans/Covered Goods Wagons

Open Wagons and Hopper Wagons

Most of the above were bought second-hand via eBay. Most of the ‘non-runners’ have faulty motors or drive systems, and several of the ‘runners’ have been brought back to life by cleaning the drive mechanisms, judicious use of oil on dry wheel bearings, and cannibalising some parts from the ‘non-runners’.

8 comments:

  1. BOB,
    You certainly have accumulated a great deal of OO9 items- very nice- dare say a huge amount of Locomotives- soon to be added to when you receive the OO9 items I have sent to you- they should be there soon. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson (Kev),

      It’s a much bigger collection that I realised it was! I suppose it’s no surprise as I bought most of the locos and rolling stock from eBay over quite some time, and only bid on what I thought were bargains.

      I’m looking forward to receiving the 009 stuff you sent me … and according to Royal Mail, the parcel should be here later today.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob, a very impressive collection of locomotives and rolling stock - enough for several railway companies/lines!
    Best wishes, Arthur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

      Funnily enough, I have been thinking about building another model railway layout that I can also use for wargaming!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. That's a fine collection of rolling (and non-rolling) stock Bob. Perhaps another layout should be planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      Funnily enough, I have been thinking along those lines myself (no pun intended!).

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  4. What a collection, Bob! Of course, by 'passenger carriages' you meant 'troop carriers', and the other rolling stock 'supply wagons'... Altogether a fine campaign resource.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

      You are quite right, of course! I should refer to them all as either troop carriers or supply wagons! All I need now is an excuse to use them on my tabletop!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.