Pages

Saturday 4 September 2010

More DVDs

After making one of our regular visits to see my father, my wife and I stopped off at a large retail park to do so shopping. Whilst I was walking around the ASDA store, I happened to see that they were having a sale of DVDs. I quickly noted two that I thought might be of interest to me, and when I realised that the total cost of buying both was £5.00, they were immediately added to the shopping basket.

The DVDs in question were ATTACK ON LENINGRAD ...

... and SAINTS & SOLDIERS.

The second of the two is about a group of American soldiers who are captured during the Battle of the Bulge, but then manage to escape.

I am not sure how good either film will be, but at the price I paid for them I will be happy if they are historically reasonably accurate as well as entertaining to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Geodie an Exiled FoG,

    Thanks for the recommenation. I look forward to watching the DVD in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saints and Soldiers pays close attention to technical detail - most of the cast were WW2 re-enactors, who in many cases brought their own equipment (including a functioning German halftrack!). I saw this at a film festival years ago and it was well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itmurnau,

    I have heard nothing but good things about this film, and it is on my list of things to watch as soon as possible.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.