Saturday, 4 September 2010

More DVDs

After making one of our regular visits to see my father, my wife and I stopped off at a large retail park to do so shopping. Whilst I was walking around the ASDA store, I happened to see that they were having a sale of DVDs. I quickly noted two that I thought might be of interest to me, and when I realised that the total cost of buying both was £5.00, they were immediately added to the shopping basket.

The DVDs in question were ATTACK ON LENINGRAD ...

... and SAINTS & SOLDIERS.

The second of the two is about a group of American soldiers who are captured during the Battle of the Bulge, but then manage to escape.

I am not sure how good either film will be, but at the price I paid for them I will be happy if they are historically reasonably accurate as well as entertaining to watch.

4 comments:

  1. Geodie an Exiled FoG,

    Thanks for the recommenation. I look forward to watching the DVD in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saints and Soldiers pays close attention to technical detail - most of the cast were WW2 re-enactors, who in many cases brought their own equipment (including a functioning German halftrack!). I saw this at a film festival years ago and it was well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itmurnau,

    I have heard nothing but good things about this film, and it is on my list of things to watch as soon as possible.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete