Pages

Saturday 28 May 2011

Just when I thought I was better ...

I felt a lot better when I woke up this morning, and was well enough to write several blog entries before I took the latest issue of THE NUGGET to the printers. I even managed to do some work on revising the latest draft of my PORTABLE WARGAME rules.

My wife and I drove down to Herne Bay to see my father-in-law later in the morning, had some lunch on the way, and arrived at his bungalow at about 2.00pm. We stayed with him for a couple of hours, and stopped off on the way back to do some shopping at a supermarket just outside Whitstable.

It was just after we got back to the car that I suddenly began to feel my temperature rise, and my headache returned along with the feeling of nausea. I managed to drive home ... just ... but my plans to set up a play-test of my rules this evening have had to be put on hold.

I hope that this is just the final stages of the bug I have had for the past few days finally getting itself out of my system. I have too much to do this week to be ill ... and I am determined to fight at least one wargame at some point during the next eight days!

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully you'll feel better soon, Bob.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebeard Jeff,

    I hope so, I do hope so!

    Thanks for your kind thoughts.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    May I suggest that you live out of sheer bloody mindedness. You've earned the pension, there's no point letting them send you to the glue factory without having had your moneys worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that you are at a low energy point having had so much to get your head round. Your resistance is lowered and ability to recover reduced...
    I hope you feel better very soon. Not long now to the end of term- keep going!
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conrad Kinch,

    One of character 'defects' is not knowing when to give up! I am determined to get better ... however much it hurts (which it does, at the moment).

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tradgardmastare,

    I think that you have hit the nail on the head. I seem to have spent the last six months running about trying to please all my 'masters', and I know that I am not coping as well as I should. I have a week off work for half-term, and then only six more weeks before the end of term. If I can only hang on until then ...

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob,
    I'm sorry to read you're being plagued by sickness at present. It may be that, having struggled on to reach half term, your body is now insisting that you rest and recuperate. To quote a current advertisement: listen to your gut!
    Have a complete break from all the work-related stuff, try to relax and get better.
    Only thirty weekdays to go!
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arthur1815,

    I am feeling a bit better today, which I hope presages a recovery from the bug I have.

    This last six months have been very wearing; concerns about my father, my father-in-law, and work have been very energy-consuming, and I need a break to rest and recuperate.

    If I can hang in there for another six weeks, things should begin to improve. No more work worries and my father's house should be on the market. Once that is sold, his financial future is assured for the foreseeable future ... and I will have one less major thing to worry about.

    Many thanks for your kind words,

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.