Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Too many things I want to do ... and not enough time to do them

The past few weeks (and months!) seem to have been very busy, and the list of things that I want to do – rather than need to do – seems to be getting longer and longer ... and the time available to do them seems to be getting less and less.

At present my list of things I want to do includes:
  • Play-testing both versions of my BIG BOARD PORTABLE WARGAME rules.
  • Building a portable 'big board' and terrain items so that I can play-test BIG BOARD PORTABLE WARGAME.
  • Painting (and basing) sufficient figures and equipment for a couple of new PORTABLE WARGAME armies for both the 'Modern' and '19th Century' periods.
  • Revising both the PORTABLE WARGAME and BIG BOARD PORTABLE WARGAME rules in the light of my own play-tests and feedback from other users.
This does not sound like a very long or difficult list of 'things to do', but I don't seem to get enough sufficiently long periods of time to begin tackling any of them. I am, however, managing to do quite a bit of thinking about what I want to do ... so it isn't all bad news.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    Thinking about stuff, even if you are not actually doing any is time seldom wasted in my opinion.

    I am quite sure that once you are back on track the daunting list of projects will hopefully less so!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    You are absolutely right in that time spent thinking is seldom wasted ... but I would like to make some progress on at least one of the things on my 'want to do' list.

    Perhaps I will get some time next week ... and if not then, then sometime soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean, Bob.
    I told my manager last week that I need eight days off next week just to keep up with the projects I've started. With Thanksgiving, I got three.
    It is much better to have far too many creative projects to do, than to have time for Reality TV.
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven Page (Steve),

    I thought that when I retired I would have more free time ... but the exact opposite seems to be true. Some of this is due to my father's ongoing illness and some is due to the fact that both my wife and I have now retired, and we are adjusting to a new lifestyle.

    Good luck with persuading your manager that you need more time to complete your projects ... but I doubt if you will ever get enough.

    As to watching Reality TV ... well I would rather sell or give away my TV than stoop that low to entertain myself!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better to have too many ideas and things you want to do than not enough. Fortunately that's never been a problem for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fitz-Badger,

    I have yet to meet a wargamer who did not have enough projects to keep them busy!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.