Pages

Thursday 15 June 2023

Increased book prices due to increased printing costs

On 20th June (and not 30th as I stated on my blog last month) Amazon are increasing the cost of printing books published using KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), and this is going to mean that I am going to have to increase the selling price of the books that I have written or published with them by an average of 10% in order to cover this increase.

I will attempt to keep any increases as low as possible and will try to round prices up to the nearest pound or 50p wherever possible. As far as I know, this increase does not affect the cost of producing the Kindle or PDF editions of my books, and I have no intention of increasing the prices of those editions.

4 comments:

  1. I've just gone through and tweaked all of my prices ahead of the weekend. I'm leaving the pdfs the same price for now. I've previously kept them in line so the decision which version to have was driven by preferred use, not cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trebian,

      I’m planning to do something very similar over the weekend. No doubt there will be complaints, but I have warned my regular blog readers, most of whom have probably already bought the books that they want.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. If the raise in pricing is due to the color pictures in the recent compendium, I'm fine with it. They really help improve the quality of the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Pavone,

      Cheers! I’ve kept the price increases as low as possible and they will probably come into operation tomorrow.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.