Pages

Friday 31 May 2024

Hex-Trak

Whilst browsing through YouTube, I came across a new channel devoted to the Hex-Trak concept.

The channel is entitled Tabletop Railroad and its originator states that is is dedicated to 'various projects and plans from a tabletop, modular railway.' His modular railway concept uses hexes and Kato N-gauge model railway track ... both of which are close to my heart.

As I watched the videos, I was struck by the idea that this might be a way for me to combine both my interest in modular wargame terrain and model railways. The hexes he uses are bit larger than the ones the I currently use (I use 100mm/3.93-inches wide Hexon II hexes and his are 248mm/9.76-inches wide) but this might not be as big a drawback as it first appears to be.

His model trains are narrow gauge S-scale ... which is 1/64th and makes them reasonably compatible with 28mm-sized wargame figures. As I think that the originator of this concept is or was a wargamer, this makes a lot of sense.

It is certainly something for me to think about.


Please note that photographs featured above are © Tabletop Railroad.

2 comments:

  1. Hola, en primer lugar, siento escribir en español, no tengo un nivel de inglés adecuado.
    Siempre he mirado las maquetas de trenes y mi mente wargamer se dispara.
    Muchas gracias por este y otros artículos publicados aquí, son maravillosos.
    Gracias de nuevo.
    Un saludo desdé España.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have translated your comment thus:

      Hello, first of all, I'm sorry to write in Spanish, I don't have an adequate level of English.
      I've always looked at model trains and my wargaming mind runs wild.
      Thank you very much for this and other articles published here, they are wonderful.
      Thanks again.
      A greeting from Spain.

      MM

      Thank you for your kind comment. i have cheated and translated your comment (and my repy) using an online translation program.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Gracias por tu amable comentario. Hice trampa y traduje tu comentario (y mi respuesta) usando un programa de traducción en línea.

      Mis mejores deseos,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.