Back in late June, I wrote a blog post about the generous gift of 009/HO9 locomotives and rolling stock I was given by Richard Watson.
Once I was able to use my toy/wargame room again, I decided that as soon as an opportunity arose, I would set up my Mucking Flats & Fobbing Marsh Light Railway layout and run as many of the locomotives and rolling stock as I could. The results can be seen on the following YouTube video.
One of the locos proved a little recalcitrant and needed a prod to get it going (hence the appearance of the Hand of Bob at one point!), but once it was properly run-in, it flew around the track. Some of the longer rolling stock – particularly those that did not have twin bogies – had problems with the tight curves on the layout and proved impossible to run. I will have to leave these until I build a bigger layout.
My favourite locomotive and rolling stock is the Minitrains 0-4-0 Fiddletown & Copperopolis tender locomotive and carriages ... and although they are a bit large for the layout, I hope to run them regularly on it until I can build a suitably larger one.
The video lasts approximately five and a half minutes and can be found here on the Wargaming Miscellany YouTube channel
.
Lovely to see some trains running on your layout Bob
ReplyDeleteMaudlin Jack Tar,
DeleteNow all I need to do is to build an extension to my existing layout!
All the best,
Bob
Bob, the F&C train is my favourite two. If you add some late 19th century US Army artillerymen to the shore battery it won't look out of place at all, as it delivers their replacements and extra ammunition. Best wishes, Arthur
ReplyDeleteArthur1815 (Arthur),
DeleteWhat a great idea! I may have some suitable figures somewhere in my collection.
All the best,
Bob
Hey Bob, Off topic here, when I click on your website or any links I get "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot" Then I have to enter the code. Strange it just started today on any device I use. It only happens on every like with a .blogspot domain. I think it must be the blogspot servers? Any ideas. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteSpearhead,
DeleteI sometimes get the same message … on my own blog! I’ve asked Blogger why and not yet received a satisfactory answer. It appears that it is part of their drive to combat spamming and AI bots.
All the best,
Bob
This is an excellent video Bob. The reason to that one loco stalling might have been due to it was standing on a switch. That might be challenging with pickups with a smaller and light engine with only 2 axles. What is the radii on the layout? 14cm by Kato??
ReplyDeleteI really love that your layout has a gun position. I've recently been to a Coastal Fortress on an island in the Oslofjord and saw rails there. There has not been actual trains on this Fortress, but it inspired me to do another trip this summer. Updates will shortly appear on .y blog. Thanks for sharing.