Pages

Friday, 11 September 2026

AI-generated YouTube thumbnails

I recently watched a podcast that discussed the growing use of AI by some YouTube creators. One of the people involved in the discussion mentioned that they had evidence that some of their content had been copied without their permission and then reworked using AI before being uploaded. The plagiariser then earned income from the ripped off work thanks to the YouTube algorithm.

Another topic that was mentioned was the use of AI to create the thumbnails that creators upload to YouTube to attract viewers ... and that they all tended to look the same.

I decided to see what sort of job ChatGPT would do if I asked it to design a thumbnail for my most recent YouTube video. The thumbnail I created using the opening image of my video looked like this ...

... and ChatGPT's design looked like this:

I must admit that the end result is quite impressive ... but I'm not sure if I'll be asking ChatGPT to design my YouTube thumbnails in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.