Pages

Friday 5 November 2010

Memoir of Battle at Sea: An American Civil War variant

I recently received an email form one of my regular Italian blog readers, who expressed a particular interest in my blog entries about the Colonial and American Civil War periods.

This set me thinking. At the moment my MEMOIR OF BATTLE AT SEA naval wargames rules are aimed squarely at re-fighting battles from about 1880 to 1910, but it would not take a major re-write to modify the rules for a slightly earlier period ... and so I have begun to do just that.

With a bit of luck I should be able to publish them as a blog entry sometime over the next day or so ... but play-testing might take a little longer as I will have to make the models I will need to use!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    That would be very interesting and aside from the time involved making the models should be pretty straightforward - even I could tackle the Monitor!

    Scale wise as long as they fit on a 4" hex they would be fine - dont forget the forts though! I have a number of very good books on the ACW afloat and has considered 1/2400th but would prefer a larger scale and like yourself - the chance to make a few models.

    Certainly your MoBaS would work backwards very easily and you could combine it with Battle Cry as well for some of the riverine combined operations.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    You seem to have read my mind!

    The intention is to use the Hexon II hexed terrain ... and Hexon II already make some suitable fortifications that would easily pass for riverside forts.

    The model ships should be quite easy to make, and if I use my usual 'cartoon' approach to their design, they might look passable when placed alongside 15mm figures … and as you say, this could make for some interesting possibilities!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.