Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

A minor problem with stock ...

I managed to visit my local branch of Hobbycraft yesterday, and I had a small list of things that I needed to buy in order to continue with my model Ironclad building programme. Unfortunately the branch did not have everything that I wanted to buy in stock ... and so I will have to try to go to the Maidstone branch next weekend to see if they have what I need.

In the meantime I have been working on some other ship designs, and have begun to make a few prototypes of smaller vessels for the late nineteenth century. If they turn out to be acceptable, then I will write a blog entry about them; if they don't, then they will be consigned to the modelling rubbish bin.

Time will tell what their fate will be.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    That is frustrating - I was pretty lucky with my own visit this weekend although I did manage to forget one item! Following on from the ubiquitous casemate ironclad and monitor do you have any plans for something like a Cairo class gunboat?

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    It is one of the things that I have in mind to build ... time permitting!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much a case of "We want eight but we'll have to wait"
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    Very true. Hopefully a trip to Maidstone (the next nearest branch of Hobbycraft) will solve the problem. if not ... well there is always the Internet!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.