Pages

Friday 15 July 2011

Gone ... and already forgotten ... by some ... but not by others

During the day one of my friends from my former workplace sent me some photographs of the presentation that was made to me ... and I thought that I would share them with you/bore you to death with them (Please delete as appropriate).

The Principal begins her speech, whilst I look on. (I am the one of the right, whose trousers have not had an argument with their feet.)

I look suitably bemused when the Principal mentions the arrival of the student deputation that demanded that I not be allowed to leave. (I am bemused more by her surprise that this happened than I am by the fact that it did.)

I share my words of wisdom about teaching with the appreciative crowd. I was brief (not something that I usually manage!) and at least I did not take up the stance recommended by the two actors in the 'Sense and Senility' episode in the 'Blackadder the Third' series.

6 comments:

  1. Arthur,

    Steady on!

    I am described by my tailor as being 'Country Gentleman-size' ... which is a somewhat more flattering way of saying the same thing!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not pointing out a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthur,

    Making such a comment never entered my mind!

    'Country Gentleman-sized' sounds so much nicer than one alternative that I have been called ... which was 'big, fat b*st*rd', although the 'person' who called me that did end up regretting their comment ... rather painfully!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fixed Bayonet Metal Soldiers,

    No comment!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.