Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Preparing for COW

It is now four days before COW2011 starts (and four days before I retire as well!). I am trying to get things ready for my session about the PORTABLE WARGAME, but every time I think that I am almost there, something crops up.

Today I managed to finish the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation I am going to use to start the session. This covers the origins of the rules, the way they have developed up to the present day, and a brief breakdown of the main points. The latter is included so that attendees will not have to plough through the rules before they can start fighting the battles I have prepared for them.

I have put together four sets of Heroscape™ terrain along with some buildings and trees from my 'Town in a bag' collection. All I have to do now is to sort out four Prussian and four Austro-Hungarian armies, the dice, and copies of the rules summary. In theory this should only take a few minutes but ... every time I set aside some time to deal with these simple tasks, something else more pressing comes up. I had hoped to do this final bit of preparation tonight, but a trip to the printers to print off a large copy of the COW timetable took much longer than expected, and now my wife and I have to go out to do the weekly food shopping because we did not do it over the weekend.

Hopefully I will get enough time to complete these last few tasks tomorrow night … but knowing my luck, something is bound to crop up!

6 comments:

  1. I keep thinking I'm finished. It's quite unnerving. I must have forgotten something.

    Anyway I've taken Friday morning off for final packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the last four days at work aren't too taxing.

    Enjoy COW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trebian,

    I have made a list to help me remember what to get ready for COW ... but keep forgetting where I have put it!

    Friday is my last day at work, and I am actually teaching until midday. After that, I intend to leave and go straight to COW.

    See you there,

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,

    I hope that I will have good memories of my last few days in teaching ... but I suspect that my bosses will do their best to make them memorable in other ways!

    At least I will be able to go to COW knowing that I don't have to go to work on Monday morning.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sure you will get it all sorted in time> Have fun at COW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johntheone,

    I am sure I will get everything ready in time ... once I have found my list of things to take with me to COW!

    All the best,

    Bob

    PS. As you have probably guessed, one of the first things I am going to do once I am retired is to write a blog entry about COW2011 ... so watch out for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.