Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

A bit of a busy day ...

Today has been a bit of a busy day.

This morning my wife and I paid a visit to my father, who is currently in a care home some forty minutes drive away in Essex. He was not having a good day when we arrived, but by the time we left over an hour later he was actually smiling and laughing, something that I have not seem him do much over the last few months.

We then came back over the River Thames to North Kent and booked a holiday for my father-in-law. We managed to get him a cabin on a cruise going to the Canary Islands at Christmas (that was the easy bit) and have arranged travel insurance for him (which was almost the most difficult thing of all we had to do today; very few insurance companies will even quote for cover for someone over the age of 85 ... and he is 96!).

We also paid a visit to the Apple Shop at the nearby shopping centre with a view to purchasing an iPad2. I currently have an original iPad, and I have found it very useful. My wife thinks that she would like one as well, and has very kindly suggested that we buy an iPad2 for me to use so that she can have the old iPad. As this purchase has my wife's 'seal of approval' it is very likely to take place!

We then had a late lunch in one of our favourite restaurants and drove home some eight hours after leaving home this morning.

I hope that tomorrow will be a bit quieter ... but somehow I don't think that it will be!

2 comments:

  1. Think of all of the POSITIVE things done on this day . . . I'd say that it sounds like a good one, wouldn't you?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebear Jeff,

    It was a very positive day and we did get a lot done ... but it was very tiring ... and tomorrow is probably going to be more of the same.

    However, by doing all these visits and related chores today and tomorrow I hope to make enough time to fight a battle with my 'new' Napoleonic armies on Saturday and/or Sunday!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.