Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

Some more thoughts on the lashed-together amalgam of Joseph Morschauser's 'Musket' and 'Frontier' wargames rules

Since my earlier blog entry about proposed changes to the lashed-together amalgam of Joseph Morschauser's 'Musket' and 'Frontier' wargames rules that I used in my recent wargame, I have had some very interesting feedback from Ross Mac and arthur1815.

Their comments have made me reconsider my initial thoughts about the proposed changes, and I am now giving serious consideration to making the following changes instead:
  • Keeping the existing movement rates for Units that move but do not fire.
  • Reducing the movement rates of Units that move and then fire in the same turn by 1 square.
  • Increasing the die score of any non-Artillery Units that does not move by 1.
I think that these changes do not add any complexity to the rules but do add a degree more complexity to the wargame ... which is no bad thing and should make it more challenging for the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.