Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

I'm back ... and thanks for all the comments!

Some of the more regular readers of my blog may well have been wondering why I have not written much of late ... and why I have not replied to any of the comments that have been made about my more recent blog entries.

The answer is very simple ... my wife and I have been on a cruise. We left Southampton on 17th December and got back this morning, having sailed nearly 9,500 miles to the Caribbean and back.

The P&O ship we sailed on – MV Arcadia – is not well particularly well equipped when it comes to good Internet connections, and as a result I was only able to post blog entries whenever circumstances allowed. In addition, I was only able to read and approve comments that blog readers made ... and not to reply to them ... so a big 'Thanks!' goes to everyone who made a comment about a blog entry since the middle of December.

But now I am back ... and I have been drafting a very long blog entry about our cruise as it progressed. I hope to publish it by the end of the week, but before I can I will need to sort through the hundreds of photographs we took to find suitable ones to illustrate the blog entry. I did visit two locations which deserve blog entries of their own ... and these should also be published in the very near future.

It has been nice being away ... but it is good to be back!

9 comments:

  1. Some of the more regular readers of my blog may well have been wondering why I have not written much of late ...

    I assumed Scotland Yard had finally caught up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conrad Kinch,

    I laugh in the face of all those Scotland Yard dunderheads!

    Catch me? They could not catch a cold!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,

    Welcome back!

    It has been pretty quiet whilst you have been away on your well deserved break.

    Rampaging around the Caribbean eh? I always thought you had a piratical about you!

    All the best (and with heaps to relate in due course!),

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    It is nice to travel ... but great to get home again!

    I notice that you have been quite busy whilst I have been away .. and no doubt we will have a chance to exchange lots of ideas over the next few days and weeks.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was assuming pinned when the lead mountain fell over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat G,

    An amusing and not too implausible reason!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fitz-Badger,

    It is great to be back!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.