Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

A small package in the post

Amongst the post that was waiting for me to be opened when I returned home from North America was small package. I had not been expecting anything and I had not idea what it contained ... until I turned it over and saw that it had been sent to me by Conrad Kinch and was described on the Import Duty Declaration as containing 'toy soldiers'.

I opened it and found ...

... two Corgi die cast models of T-34/76 tanks!


Conrad Kinch did not have a use for them, and thought that I might ... and he was absolutely correct!

These two will join my other T-34/76s ... and with a bit of luck they will feature in a forthcoming battle that I hope to fight using Richard Borg's MEMOIR '44 rules.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    That Conrad Kinch is very fine chap indeed! Those models are really nice and given your Barbarossa plans should certainly cause the Germans some problems!

    I am looking forward to seeing the game when you get to it - am I thinking that perhaps some 'cruise ship ideas' may well have been incorporated?

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    Conrad is an all-round good chap! A true gentleman!

    You are right about them helping to advance my Barbarossa Campaign planning ... and that my time aboard ship was not wasted when it comes to ideas for wargames rules!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.