Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

The Nationalist Army Divisions during the Spanish Civil War

Whilst returning some reference books that I had been reading to their places on my bookshelves, I found a book that had been misplaced. The book was HISTORIA DE LAS DIVISIONES DEL EJERCITO NACIONAL 1936-1939 by Carlos Engel (published by Almena Ediciones [2000] ISBN 84 930713 5 8).


The text is in Spanish and each section is devoted to one of the Nationalist Army's Divisions. Each division's subunits are listed at the beginning of each section, and this is followed by a brief history of the part played by the division during the Spanish Civil War. There are some colour plates, and these show typical uniforms worn by Nationalist troops during the Spanish Civil War as well as a selection of corps and divisional badges.

Because this book had been misplaced, I had forgotten that I owned it. It has now been added to the shelf space that is devoted to the history of the Spanish Civil War ... and I have no doubt now I know that I own it, I shall be referring to it in the near future.

8 comments:

  1. It is good reference material. Engel has another book dealing with the history of the Brigadas Mixtas of the Republican Army which almost unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anibal Invictus,

    Thanks for the information about Engel's other book. I did know about it ... but now that I do I will most probably buy it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. The SCW is such a treasure trove of stuff for campaigns. SO is there an ENglish text version?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,

    I certainly agree with you about the Spanish Civil War.

    I don't know of an English-language edition of this book I am afraid.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid only Spanish. If you need any support or help, let me know, I have a more than decent library about the SCW partly inherited from my father when he passed away, with original works fro the 40s to the 70s comolemented with more recent books

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those serendipitous moments when you discover something in your inventory that you forgot you ever bought. That's happened to me once or twice...
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anibal Invictus,

    Thanks for confirming that ... and for offering your assistance.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Archduke Piccolo (Ion),

    I think that such finds have all the more value because one did not remember buying them in the first place.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.