Pages

Sunday 6 March 2016

A busy Masonic week ahead

I suspect that I will not be doing much wargaming or wargame-related activity this week ... or at least for the first half of it. (I do have a blog entry that will be published on Tuesday, but that has already been written to mark a special centenary.)

On Monday I will be attending a meeting of the Blackfriars Lodge No.3722 at Freemason's Hall, Great Queen Street, London, where a good friend of mine is being installed as the Lodge's new Worshipful Master. He is a member of my Mother Lodge, and is currently my Immediate Past Master. Furthermore I helped to introduce him into the Craft and performed his Third Degree ceremony.

On Wednesday I will be back at Freemason's Hall to see another friend installed as the new Worshipful Master of the Kent Lodge No.15. He is also a member of my Mother Lodge (he is currently the Secretary) and I had the honour to install him as the Worshipful Master of my Mother Lodge nearly ten years ago.

At the request of both my friends I will be performing minor roles in their Installation ceremonies ... and it will be a great pleasure to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting to hear. I have been an active Freemason for 14 years now in the Province of Jersey, Prince of Wales Lodge 1003, and a keen wargames too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard Mallet,

      It is great to hear from another Brother who is also a wargamer. I know of enough people who are both to be able to hold a lodge if that were possible!

      S&F

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.