Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

My current projects

During a brief break in what seems to have been a rather busy time, I decided to record the progress I have made on various projects.

MASTERS AT WAR: VOLUME 2: 1920 to 1970
The first draft of the completed book is in the process of being proof read ... but some very recent research means that I am going to add an additional, short chapter. I discovered that two members of the Hertfordshire Masters' Lodge No.4090 were awarded the George Medal during the Second World War, and felt that although they never served as Worshipful Masters of the Lodge, a re it'd of their bravery had to be included.

RENOVATING MY 20mm-SCALE WORLD WAR TWO FIGURES
I've almost finished renovating, varnishing, and basing the initial group of Russian figures from my collection, and I hope to begin moving on to some of my Axis figures.

THE CENTENARY HISTORY OF THE HERTFORDSHIRE MASTERS' LODGE NO.4090
I have just completed the research stage of this project, and can begin work on writing the last chapter of this book. (The draft of the earlier chapters was completed last year, and I've had to wait until the Lodge Minute Book could be loaned to me before I could complete my research.) With luck, the final draft will be ready for proof reading by the end of March ... which will be almost a year before it will need to be published.

THE PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME BOOK
I've begun jotting down some ideas for my next PORTABLE WARGAME book, and once some of my other projects are finished or are close to being finished, I hope to be able to concentrate on this project. One byproduct of this note-taking and the recent online imagi-nations discussion has been a re-examination of the stuff I used to have on my old COLONIAL WARGAMING website.

The opening webpage of my old COLONIAL WARGAMING website.
Although some of it will be re-usable in the book, a lot of it will not be ... but anything that I think might be of interest to my regular blog readers will hopefully re-appear on this blog in some form or another.

In addition to all of the above, I am booked to do at least one Masonic talk each week for the next two months and I am hoping to buy a new car to replace my trusty but ageing Toyota Prius. (A Lexus CT200h is the most likely replacement that Sue and I will choose because it is similar to the Prius.) Throw in the normal calls that one has on one's time (eating, shopping, sleeping, going on holiday), and I expect to have a busy few months ahead of me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    I am thinking that the Colonial title may well be the 'jewel in the crown' of the Portable series - which given the height of the bar you have set thus far is saying something! Seriously though, I know this is a subject close to your heart so I am really excited to see this in due course.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      I'm going to take my time over the Colonial PW book for a variety of reasons. Firstly because it an area of wargaming that does really interest me, and secondly because I want to get it right. This means developing rules that can be used with multi-figure bases AND single figure bases. The latter are very much a feature of many Colonial wargamers collections, and I don't want to develop a set of rules that they feel that they cannot use without re-basing their existing figures.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob,
    That all sounds good, but may I suggest a subtitle that makes clear the period you mean to cover, as 'colonial' could refer to 18th century North America or India, but I know that is not your intention.
    Regards,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

      You make an excellent point. One reason why I always capitalise the 'C' in Colonial to try to differentiate it from what many Americans think of as colonial ... which is the period before and during the American Revolution/War of Independence.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.