Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Stalled

I was recently asked why I was renovating, varnishing, and re-basing some of my 20mm-scale World War II figures when I have yet to finish doing the same to the rest of my Napoleonic collection.

The truth of the matter is that the latter project has been stalled for almost two years ... and the number of figures that remain to be done has grown. The reasons for the project stalling are difficult to tie down, but one reason is a sudden lack of enthusiasm brought on by the sheer magnitude of the task. Just after Christmas, I got out the storage boxes that contain the as-yet-to-be-renovated Napoleonic figures, and realised that it would take me at least a year to do them all, assuming that I took on no new projects and kept work on the ones I have in hand to the minimum.

No doubt this lack of enthusiasm will pass, but in the meantime I'll continue to work on my World War II project because it fits in rather well with the writing I am doing on MASTERS AT WAR VOLUME 2 (which is currently being proof read) and the centenary history of the Hertfordshire Masters' Lodge (for which I only have one more chapter to complete before it can be proof read).

4 comments:

  1. I have a similar feeling when I survey my 'lead mountain'. Currently I'm trying to work on the 'one brigade at a time' principal, so at least I can get some units on the table. Whether it works remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      I think that I spent so much time and effort writing my PORTABLE NAPOLEONIC WARGAME book, that I became rather 'tired' of Napoleonics. I'm sure my enthusiasm will return in due course after a suitable break.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I feel as though my hobby is making me schizoid--while I focus on one project, part of me is thinking I need to work on that other project over there, but wait! What about the one down there? And that one I started a few months ago, vowing to finish it before starting on another?!? Argh.

    Of course, having said that, I'm not sure I would have it any other way.

    Best multiple personality regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,

      Too many projects, too little time! It could almost be the wargamers' motto!

      Like you, I cannot imagine it being any different ... and don't think that if ever will be.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.