Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2020

My Napoleonic collection: The German and Allied armies

Now that I have transferred the renovated figures in my Napoleonic collection to their new 'formation in a box' storage, I have done a full inventory for each of the armies in the collection, starting with the four German and Allied armies. These are:
  • The Dutch-Belgian Army
  • The Hanoverian Army
  • The Brunswick Army
  • The Prussian Army
The first three are relatively small, and one (the Brunswick Army) currently has no artillery or cavalry whilst another (the Hanoverian Army) has no cavalry. I hope to rectify this situation at some point in the future.





In total, these four armies have 274 figures.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    That is a lot of Landwehr!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Crook,

      The Prussian Army’s infantry would have been all Landwehr if I hadn’t has some ancient Minifig Prussian infantry that I painted in my late teens to add to the collection.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Plenty for a Hundred Days campaign. Incidentally, during the 100 Days campaign, the Landwehr in III and IV Prussian corps outnumbered the line units by about 2 to 1 - the reverse of the I and II Corps. It was IV Corps that hit the French first at Waterloo, and of course the IIIrd that held Wavre against the French right wing.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo,

      I rather like the simplicity of the Landwehr infantry uniforms, and I’m pleased that they form such a substantial part of my Napoleonic Prussian Army.

      The Del Prado WATERLOO LIVE! collection was sold so that people could set up scenes from the Battle of Waterloo, which is probably why there were so many Landwehr figures included in the collection,

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.