Pages

Thursday 6 February 2020

Even more 'formations in boxes': German World War II

The recently renovated vehicles have enabled me to add two German World War II 'formations in boxes' to my collection. These are a Heer infantry formation and a Luftwaffe infantry formation. The former comprises:
  • 3 x Infantry units (each with 4 figures)
  • 1 x Artillery unit (with a 75mm infantry gun, a towing vehicle, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Anti-tank Gun unit (with a 50mm anti-tank gun, a towing vehicle, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Commander (with personal transport)
The Heer infantry formation looks like this:

3. Infanterie-Division



The second formation is nowhere near as strong, both in terms of numbers and weaponry, and comprises:
  • 2 x Infantry units (each with 4 figures)
  • 1 x Artillery unit (each with a 75mm mountain gun, two mules, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Anti-tank Gun unit (with a 37mm anti-tank gun, a towing vehicle, and 2 crew figures)
  • 1 x Commander
The Luftwaffe infantry formation looks like this:

1. Luftwaffe-Feld-Division



I will try to add a suitable transport vehicle for the Commander at some point in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    Splendid concise organisation here- well done. The German Units look excellent and I'd certainly like to see them in future games action. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev Robertson,

      Cheers! Now that they are coming together, I’m very pleased with the way these World War II ‘formations in boxes’ are looking.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I like these small formations; they look very manageable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I’m hoping that they’ll work well with my PW rules ... and they are relatively cheap to raise and I can have lots of them!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. You're certainly making good progress with these Bob. Any chance they might see some action soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      I need to get work done on my latest book - the PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME - and to create some opposition for my Germans ... and then battle can commence!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.