Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2020

The Portable Colonial Wargame book: Slow progress is being made

Just when I thought that I had finally finished all the work I had to do for the Centenary History of the Hertfordshire Masters' Lodge No.4090 ... I discovered that I had to design a suitable cover. This turned out to be a more time-consuming job than I expected, and as a result, work on my PORTABLE COLONIAL WARGAME book has slowed.

That said, I have at least finished drawing the map that will be the basis of the simple campaign system I am going to include, and it looks like this:


I will be using this map as the basis for the stylised gridded map I will be working on next, and I want the end result to be similar to the map I produced in August last year.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Archduke Piccolo,

      I hope to get some more work done on this chapter as the week progresses ... and I intend to write regular updates.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. I've gone back over your August postings. I had forgotten to what depth you have gone into the topic of campaign generation. Paul (Jacko) has a hex map of German East Africa (Simpubs, I think) that we have been looking at campaigning over. Some sort of map generation of the type you are pioneering here might be the go.

      I'll be discussing this in my blog spot some time soon. I've near-on completed my 'HMS Blunderer' coastal battleship, and all...

      Delete
    3. Archduke Piccolo,

      I wanted to design a campaign system that was as simple to use as possible by solo players as well as groups of wargamers, whilst at the same time being within the capabilities of most people to produce. You've had experience of my linear campaign system, and this is a sort of development of that.

      I'm looking forward to seeing your completed model coastal battleship ... and then seeing it in action!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this campaign system works as it looks to be very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve J.,

      It will be based on the system I outlined on my blog last August.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to trying the Campaign setting and Colonial rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maudlin Jack Tar,

      I hope that you enjoy using them ... once the book is finished and published.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.